Friday, June 11, 2010

Tomorrow is the big shoot

In just a few hours I get to photograph Julie Keon hard at work in her studio again. Julie does body casts. Often these are belly casts for pregnant women but not always. I saw a wonderful front & back cast of a woman with scoliosis, and others that were not pregnancy related. Here is her website:

http://www.ottawabellycasts.com/

I am delighted to be able to photograph Julie at work actually casting. Up until now I have only been able to photograph her working on pieces that have already been cast. I have 36 black and white exposures available on my 35mm and a fully charged battery on my digital camera. My medium format TLR is acting up - so I will leave that at home. To warm up I believe that I will be taking more pictures of existing casts, casts I think Julie will be showing at an exhibit soon.

Soon I will be snapping away (wish me luck), and for the first time ever I will be shooting a real live model. I hope she too is pleased with my work (Julie seemed pretty happy with the shots I had taken earlier). One cannot get too much ego stroking nowadays.

2 comments:

  1. This is me stroking your ego........
    Great work today. Can't wait to see the b&w shots. You worked very well with the live model and you were an excellent assistant in a pinch (removal of the cast). Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure. Really good tabbouleh too!

    ReplyDelete