Friday, June 11, 2010

The First Slides




I bought a roll of Fuji Velvia 50 to try in my Canon FTb. I was hoping for outlandish colour... actually I was hoping that the battery adaptor I bought to make my light meter work properly was indeed functional. I think the metering is working fine, I just need to learn how to use that information better, As it turns out the colour is none too freakish as I had hoped. It is heartening to learn that my film camera is in working order.

Sadly, I only had the one roll of Velvia. Most of the other colour film I have promises vivid colour. We shall see. My next roll will be the Ilford HP5 PLUS 400 that I will be using to photograph the casting session at Julie's. I have high hopes for the look of that film as well. Most of the internet reviews are positive.


On a less exciting note - the 120 film I had developed at the same time came back with the last six photos missing... as though the shutter had not opened. I'll run one more roll of Portra VC 160 through the TLR to see if the bugs have worked themselves out - I tested the shutter and that seems to work... now.
On the whole - I would happily buy another roll of Velvia if I can find it again, these trilliums were shot in poor light 1/8 sec, @ f8, tripod, mirror up, remote trigger. (the totem was 1/1000 sec. @ f4 - handheld)

No comments:

Post a Comment